This is my go-to snack – chickpeas, spiced with salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and oregano and roasted until just crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Super easy, relatively quick, and a great source of protein! Snack on them just like popcorn.
Sorry about not posting any baking this past weekend – the husband and I were traveling to Taiwan for the July 4th weekend and eating all the food. There are a couple of things we tried that I may try my hand at in upcoming weeks…
- 1 can of chickpeas (I used Goya, they tend to be bigger than others)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- A generous dash of:
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and put it in the oven, then preheat to 425F. Meanwhile, drain and rinse the can of chickpeas.
- In a bowl, mix the chickpeas with the salt and spices until well coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir, rotate the pan, and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir and put back in for a last 5 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving dish and snack immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Like Aching for a Baking on Facebook!