It seems I’ve been on a western kick recently, what with the tex-mex stuffed zucchini and cornbread, and I unintentionally kept rolling with it today with these roasted jalapeno poppers (thanks Rachael Ray for the recipe!). Great for a snack or a party, these are easy to make and easier to eat. If you want to kick them up a notch, fry up some bacon until crispy, chop, and sprinkle it on top for an added crunchy and salty kick.
For those of you who don’t like spice, don’t worry – once you remove the seeds the jalapenos aren’t spicy, and the cream cheese blend doubly ensures that you can eat these worry free. If, like me, you like things spicy, consider adding some of the seeds or your favorite hot sauce into the cream cheese filling.
Total Time: 25 min
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 150g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 50g shredded pepper Jack cheese, other hot pepper cheese, or extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 of a white onion, grated
- 2-3 pieces of bacon, fried until crispy and chopped (optional)