Believe it or not, I ran across the recipe on my facebook feed – it was one of those obnoxious autoplay videos, but this time it was actually something I wanted to try. If you like avocado (and who doesn’t, really?) chances are you’ll like this, especially because it’s pretty brainlessly easy to put together.
The recipe came from Cooking Panda, and was a quick and easy brunch. I added Tabasco for some kick and crushed tortilla chips for crunch. I’m a firm believer in two things when it comes to food: 1) enjoyment is increased if food is visually appealing (arguable on this one) and 2) if food has a range of contrasting textures and/or flavors.
I’m clearly not a professional chef, and I frequently go with expediency in my cooking. That doesn’t mean I don’t try to achieve one or both of these goals with everything. Simple things count and show the love you’ve put into your cooking, whether it’s arranging the food in a pattern that pleases you, using a garnish with a contrasting color, or throwing something in or on your dish to make it texturally interesting. People will notice, I promise.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Chipotle Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits. Using a large spoon, scoop out some of the avocado to make the center hole bigger.
- Place avocados in a cupcake tray, facing up. Crack an egg in each hole. Top with salt, pepper, shredded cheese, and Tabasco.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle the tops of the avocados with crushed tortilla chips and bacon (optional).
Did you like this recipe? Like Aching for a Baking on Facebook to get others like it in your news feed!