These herb and Parmesan-crusted and roasted zucchini spears were unexpectedly delightful – simple, quick, healthy, and really delicious. From start to finish they took 30 minutes, and 20 of those were spent in the oven. Fix up a quick protein and you’ve got a meal! Many thanks to Damn Delicious for the recipe, which I’ve altered only slightly below.
Zucchini is such a versatile ingredient, and if you’ve been following this blog you’ll be familiar with my love for it as illustrated by such other recipes as Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini, Cheddar Zucchini Frittata, and Smoked Turkey, Zucchini, and Bell Pepper Pizza. This one really lets the zucchini shine – the saltiness of the Parmesan and the herbiness of the oregano, thyme, basil, and garlic serve to highlight instead of cover the flavor of the zucchini itself. I’ll definitely be making this again.
- 3 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place it on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the quartered zucchini onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with the Parmesan mixture.
- Place into the oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil on high for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Like Aching for a Baking on Facebook to get others like it in your news feed!